What is Composer?
Composer is a package manager for PHP that can be used at the application level. Although they differ in their philosophy and functionality, you can think of Composer as a tool similar to PyPI in Python, as it allows you to install libraries on a per-project basis and manage dependencies easily.
Composer in Action
As a developer, your main interest is to focus on improving the application and/or fixing bugs. Composer allows you to concentrate all your energy on important tasks and not waste your valuable time with manual dependency management. Thanks to this amazing tool, you can centralize dependency management, improve application portability, perform automatic updates, use version control, and more.
Why Use Composer?
If you are still wondering why you should use Composer, here is a summary of the benefits this powerful tool has to offer you.
- Composer allows you to track the versions of packages you have installed.
- Thanks to Composer, you can manage PHP dependencies on a per-project basis, which allows you to experiment with several projects using different versions of a library.
- Composer provides you with an autoloader, making it extremely easy to get started with any package.
- Composer has the advantage of allowing you to upgrade an entire project to the latest version or upgrade dependencies individually.
- Composer enables you to declare the PHP libraries on which your application depends and then automatically search for their dependencies, download them, and install them.
Composer Hosting For Developers
At FullHost, we favor the use of tools that make developers’ work easier. That is why our leading products, Elastic Hosting and Managed Cloud Server, have Composer installed by default. So, if you are developing PHP applications, you can enjoy our unbeatable PHP Hosting plans that include Composer out of the box!
Contact one of our experts today and start enjoying all the benefits that only FullHost can offer you.