What is Elasticsearch?
Elasticsearch is a highly scalable open-source analytics engine that provides the ability to store, search, and analyze all types of data in a matter of milliseconds. The secret behind Elasticsearch’s high performance is that it indexes all data, making it easy to search and analyze.
Elasticsearch in Action
One of the aspects that makes Elasticsearch so useful is its ability to index and then access all types of data in near real-time. This allows it to improve the performance of any application that requires searching text, geospatial data, or any other type of information, whether structured or unstructured. While Elastic has developed a powerful set of tools that integrate easily with Elasticsearch, a popular option is to combine the visualization power of Kibana, and the flexibility of Logstash with Elasticsearch, to create what is commonly known as the ELK Stack.
Why Use Elasticsearch?
Almost every modern application requires a search and analysis engine. That makes Elasticsearch a perfect candidate for your project. Here are some of the benefits and use cases where Elasticsearch stands out.
- Elasticsearch is an excellent choice for your data search requirements, either application search or website search.
- Elasticsearch offers by default the possibility to store logging activity as well as log analytics.
- A popular use case for Elasticsearch is application performance monitoring, including container monitoring.
- Its ease of indexing makes Elasticsearch an ideal solution for geospatial data analysis and visualization.
- Since Elasticsearch is API-driven, it is a perfect candidate for integration as part of API-first apps.
- Elasticsearch’s natural ability to distribute indexes allows you to create applications with great scalability.
Elasticsearch Hosting For Developers
Its versatility, speed, and scalability make Elasticsearch one of the search and analysis engines of choice for developers. Our mission at FullHost is to make your work easier; that’s why we include Elasticsearch in our Managed Cloud servers. Get the most out of your ELK stack using our high-performance servers, host your applications with the peace of mind of having our market-leading support.
Contact one of our experts today and start enjoying all the benefits that only FullHost can offer you.