What is Memcached?
Similar to Redis, Memcached is a “free and open-source distributed memory object caching system.” However, one aspect that makes Memcached unique is its simplicity, which facilitates the rapid deployment of web applications. Another fundamental difference that makes many developers prefer Memcached is that it takes full advantage of the multi-threaded architecture of modern processors, which makes Memcached the ideal solution for larger datasets.
Memcached in Action
Unlike databases that are limited by the speed of hard disks or SSDs, Memcached keeps the data in RAM. This in-memory cache allows developers to store information that can be accessed instantly and improve the performance of databases and applications by keeping the most frequently accessed data in memory.
Why Use Memcached?
The uses for a distributed memory cache service are varied, the most important of which are listed below.
- Reducing data access latency in data-intensive databases.
- Temporarily storage of data such as strings, hash tables, and key-value pairs that can be accessed by different applications.
- Easy integration of cache services via APIs (MySQL, Oracle Coherence, GigaSpaces XAP)
- Increasing data throughput and thus facilitating the scaling of your applications when the load increases.
- Assist in the management of high traffic websites by serving frequently accessed pages
Memcached Hosting For Developers
Memcached is the ideal solution for applications that require low latency and handle relatively large datasets. At FullHost, we are aware of this; that’s why we offer both Memcached and Redis on our Managed Cloud servers to facilitate your work.
What are you waiting for? Contact us today and start enjoying all the benefits that only FullHost can offer you.