What is MongoDB?
Unlike MySQL, MariaDB, or PostgreSQL, MongoDB is an object-oriented database. It was released in 2013 to meet the existing demand for NoSQL databases. MongoDB is very popular for developing applications that use NodeJS. In fact, the MERN Full Stack (MongoDB, Express, React, and NodeJS) is one of the most used today to develop web applications.
One of the characteristics of MongoDB is that it has a shorter life cycle than other databases. For this reason, there are only 3 versions of MongoDB that are currently supported.
- MongoDB 4.0. Launched in 2018, This is the oldest version of MongoDB available on the market. The End of Life of this version is planned for 31 Jan 2022.
- MongoDB 4.2. Released in 2019, this version is still under active development.
- MongoDB 4.4. Released in 2020, this is the latest version of MongoDB, and as such, it’s expected to be supported until 2024.
Why Use MongoDB?
There are many advantages that MongoDB offers. Below we have prepared a list with some of them.
- MongoDB is a schema-less NoSQL database
- MongoDB comes with powerful querying and analytics
- No complex joins to worry about
- MongoDB brings you support for dynamic queries
- Easy to set up and install
- MongoDB uses an easy to understand query language
- Free and open-source.
MongoDB Hosting For Developers
Depending on the type of web application you need to develop, MongoDB may be the ideal solution for you. Its fast query processing and its ease of integration with NodeJS have undoubtedly been key factors in increasing the popularity of this fabulous NoSQL database.
This has motivated us at FullHost to bring you the best MongoDB Hosting you can imagine. Fast, reliable, and secure, rest assured that you will start using your MongoDB-based development stack in no time.
Contact one of our experts today and start enjoying all the benefits that only FullHost can offer you.