What is Python?
Python is one of the most powerful interpreted high-level, general-purpose programming languages today. Multiple reasons explain Python’s rapid adoption: its ease of use, flexibility, readability, and endless libraries available for all types of applications from web development to video games, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and more.
As one of the most important programming languages today, Python has a large number of versions. Below we list the most important ones.
- Python 3.6. Although this version launched in 2016 is considered “old,” it still has security updates until December 2021, so it is not uncommon to get many applications that still use it.
- Python 3.7. Released in 2018, this version of Python has a huge number of applications that take advantage of its great stability and maturity. Although it is no longer actively developed, this version will have security updates until 2023
- Python 3.8. This is still one of the most popular versions of Python today. Released in 2019 and with security updates through 2024, Python 3.8.11 remains the preferred choice among many developers.
- Python 3.9. This is the most recent version of Python. Released in 2020, this is the stable version recommended for production today. It will have full support until May 2022 and security fixes until October 2025
Why Use Python?
Python’s flexibility and convenience make us shift the question to, why wouldn’t you use Python? Although some consider Python as a Jack of all trades, the truth is that there are strong arguments that make it a viable alternative for many projects.
- Python has native integrations with the most used relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Python has extraordinary frameworks like Django, Flask, and WSGI HTTP web servers like Gunicorn that facilitate the development of web applications.
- Free and open-source, which means that it does not require the payment of expensive licenses
- Vast library support for endless use cases
- It has a robust package manager (PyPI) that contains numerous third-party modules.
- Easy to learn and even easier to write
- Capable of interacting with most of the other languages and platforms
- It has a wonderful and active community
Python Hosting For Developers
Its clean object-oriented design, strong integration with databases, and its unit testing framework are just some of the reasons why Python continues to be one of the most powerful programming languages for web application development. At FullHost, we understand how important it is to have a suitable development platform to get the most out of Python; that’s why we offer you plans tailored to your needs.
Contact one of our experts today and start enjoying all the benefits that only FullHost can offer you.